BEIJING: Environmental campaigners Greenpeace urged China on Tuesday to review plans for a huge expansion in coal mines and power plants, warning of a water crisis in the country’s already arid north.
Tag Archives | greenpeace
A water crisis is looming in South Africa, communities are at risk of losing access to water, and coal is right in the middle of it, according to a report released by Greenpeace. This latest briefing is a stark reminder to the SA government to start pushing Eskom to substantially invest in renewable energy.
Johannesburg – South Africa has renewable resources that can provide solutions to the country’s energy problems and create jobs – while fighting global warming, Greenpeace officials said on Wednesday. “Greenpeace’s estimate that 78 000 green jobs could be created is conservative,” Glen Mpufane, who heads a development group, who joined a Greenpeace forum on green […]
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010