From pulling water from fog to saving fuel used to boil water, these three companies are the finalists of a contest to change the way we use our most precious resource. It’s impossible to overstate the value of water. Without it, we’d be dead.
Tag Archives | water innovations
You don’t have to build dams to get hydroelectricity from water flowing through municipal pipes, says Dr. Daniel Farb, the Los Angeles immigrant who previously shook up the Israeli clean-tech power scene with his Leviathan Energy company’s award-winning Wind Tulip. The ecologically conscious physician recently unveiled his latest brainchild, a turbine that turns excess pressure inside […]
With approximately 60 percent of the already small country taken up by desert, it is unsurprising that Israel has become a center for water innovation. Earlier this summer, the World Food Prize Foundation awarded Israeli agriculturist Dr. Daniel Hillel for his groundbreaking work in micro-irrigation. The award-winning Israeli desalination company, IDE Technologies, has added other […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010