Cape Town – The provision of fresh water has been delayed in some parts of South Africa, President Jacob Zuma said on Thursday.
Tag Archives | Hartbeespoort dam
Blue-green algae bloom in China In South Africa, we are highly dependent on surface water (rivers and dams) for our daily water supply. Pollution of these water bodies can have serious effects such as eutrophication and the presence of algal blooms. Nutrient enrichment (eutrophication) remains one of the leading causes of water quality impairment in […]
Authorities have finally admitted the drinking water sourced from the Hartbeespoort Dam is not safe. Last month Eyewitness News reported on a serious sewerage spill at the dam. At the time the Madibeng Municipality insisted the tap water in the area was safe.
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Video: Budget rainwater harvesting system & water tank August 11, 2015
- JoJo Tanks installation guide (infographic) July 17, 2015
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010