Cape Town – The provision of fresh water has been delayed in some parts of South Africa, President Jacob Zuma said on Thursday.
Tag Archives | Hartbeespoort dam
Blue-green algae bloom in China In South Africa, we are highly dependent on surface water (rivers and dams) for our daily water supply. Pollution of these water bodies can have serious effects such as eutrophication and the presence of algal blooms. Nutrient enrichment (eutrophication) remains one of the leading causes of water quality impairment in […]
Authorities have finally admitted the drinking water sourced from the Hartbeespoort Dam is not safe. Last month Eyewitness News reported on a serious sewerage spill at the dam. At the time the Madibeng Municipality insisted the tap water in the area was safe.
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010