Plastic or polyethylene septic tanks (or ‘poly’ septic tanks) have a number advantages over traditional concrete septic tanks and fibreglass tanks. Poly septic tanks are available in a range of sizes from manufacturers such as JoJo Tanks, making them an easy option when planning a septic tank that will service a known number of people. […]
Archive | choosing a septic tank RSS feed for this section
Why choose a plastic septic tank? When designing a septic system, one of the most common questions asked is whether the septic tank should be concrete or plastic. Septic tanks, which store solid waste, are available in concrete, steel, fiberglass, and plastic.
Many rural households rely on on-site septic tank systems for safe and efficient sewage treatment. Watch this video to see how a septic tank system works. Septic tank size should be matched to the number of people in the household. JoJo Tanks (South Africa) manufacture a range of plastic / polyethylene septic tanks and conservancy […]
Septic tank systems Septic tanks are classic ‘bio-digestors’ that rely on anaerobic bacteria to break down human sewage wastes over a period of (at least) 21 days. Septic systems are used to treat sewage from (usually) single dwellings in districts where municipal Wastewater Treatment Works are not available. Larger systems are also used by rural […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010