Businesses and commercial operations are some of the biggest water users in South Africa and should be focusing on reducing waste water and conserving water wherever possible. The article below outlines some useful tips. To further reduce the ‘water footprint’, businesses should consider installing rainwater tanks and greywater recycling systems where feasible. Many businesses have ideal rooftops for rainwater harvesting and can potentially harvest thousands of litres of rainwater in a number of large water tanks.
- Designate a water efficiency coordinator.
- Develop a mission statement and a plan.
- Educate and involve employees in water efficiency efforts.
- Install ultra-low flow toilets, or adjust flush valves or install dams on existing toilets.
- Install faucet aerators and high efficiency showerheads.
- Use water-conserving ice makers.
- As appliances and equipment wear out, replace them with water-saving models.
- Eliminate “once-through” cooling of equipment with municipal water by recycling water flow to cooling tower or replacing with air-cooled equipment.
- Detect and repair all leaks.
- Minimize the water used in cooling equipment in accordance with manufacturers recommendations. Shut off cooling units when not needed.
Kitchens and Laundries:
- Turn off dishwashers when not in use. Wash full loads only.
- Scrape rather than rinse dishes before washing.
- Use water from steam tables to wash down cooking areas.
- Do not use running water to melt ice or frozen foods.
- Handle waste materials in a dry state whenever possible.
- Wash only full loads of laundry or select the appropriate washing cycle provided on the washing machine. Use a rinse water recycle system. Consider purchasing high efficiency equipment.
- Wash vehicles less often; use a commercial car wash that recycles water.
- If you have a swimming pool, consider a new water-saving pool filter.
- Lower pool water level to reduce amount of water splashed out.
- Use pool filter backwash for landscape irrigation.
- Use a pool cover to reduce evaporation when pool is not being used.
- Sweep or blow paved areas to clean, rather than hosing off.
Click on the links below to view the wide range of JoJo Tanks products including large water tanks for businesses, such as the JoJo 10000 litre tanks, JoJo 15000 litre tanks and JoJo 20000 litre water tanks.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!