Those in the market for chemical tanks should consider some of the advantages of polyethylene chemical tanks over traditional stainless steel chemical tanks:
- Less expensive: Good quality poly or plastic chemical tanks are generally MUCH cheaper than equivalent sized stainless steel chemical tanks.
- More sizes available: Due to the nature of the manufacturing process, poly chemical tanks can be had in virtually any size and shape you can think over – definitely more choices than stainless steel chemical tanks.
- Chemical resistance: High quality chemical tanks rated for the specific storage application are generally just as chemically resistant compared to stainless steel tanks. In certain applications and with certain chemicals, polyethylene chemical tanks may even be a better, more stable choice than stainless steel chemical tanks (stainless steel is not always chemically stable with some chemicals and can actually corrode).
- Easier to transport & install: Plastic chemical tanks are substantially lighter than equivalent stainless steel chemical tanks. This makes poly chemical tanks much easier to transport, handle and install.
- Easier to maintain & clean: Poly chemical tanks can easily be moved and put on their sides for maintenance and cleaning.
Polyethylene chemical tanks should be carefully chosen and the right grade or specific gravity rating of the tank must be matched to the type and concentration of liquid chemical that is to be stored in the tank. If the temperature of the contents will consistently exceed 40 degrees Celsius, then stainless steel tanks should be chosen.
We recommend polyethylene chemical tanks that are rotational-moulded – in South Africa, we recommend chemical tanks made by JoJo Tanks. Click on the links below to view the wide range of poly JoJo tanks and other products available.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!