Water saving tips can never be repeated too often. The ones listed below by JoJo Tanks should become habit. Combining water-saving habits with water conservation systems such as rain water tanks and grey water recycling can greatly reduce your water use, saving you money too.
- Checking for leaks in taps, pipes and dishwasher hoses is an easy way to reduce water wastage.
- Remember, one leaking tap can waste more than 2000 litres of water per month.
- There’s no need to leave the tap running while you brush your teeth. Simply wet your toothbrush before you begin and use a glass of water to rinse your mouth.
- The most water efficient methods for cooking vegetables are microwaving, steaming or using a pressure cooker. You can also cut down on water loss by using tight lids on pots and simmering instead of boiling rapidly.
- Installing water efficient taps or tap aerators is a great, inexpensive way to cut your water usage without you even noticing.
- Put the plug in the sink when washing your hands instead of holding them under running water.
- Thaw frozen foods before you need them or use the microwave instead of placing them under running water.
- Prevent taps from leaking by turning taps off lightly and replace washers as soon as they begin to leak.
- Automatic dishwashers can use up to 40 litres of water per load. By using a dishwasher with at least a 3 star/AAA rating, you can get this figure down to 18 litres per load and still get the kind of sparkling clean dishes you’re used to.
- Wait until you have a full load in your dishwasher before using it. This saves water and energy, and reduces the amount of detergent entering the sewerage system.
- Keep a container of water in the fridge so that you won’t need to run the water down the sink until it’s cool enough to drink.
- Washing fruit and vegetables in a half-filled sink instead of under running water is a great way to cut back on water wastage.
- Rinsing your dishes in a plugged sink rather than under a running tap saves water and is just as easy and effective.
- Use a sink strainer.
- Try to use phosphate-free, eco-friendly detergents and cleaning products. There’s a great range to choose from these days and they’re much better for our environment.
- Remember to regularly clean the lint filter on your washing machine.
- Most washing machines have a load adjustment button or dial, so try to set this to match the amount of washing you’re doing. If your machine doesn’t have a load adjustment function, try to wait until you have enough washing for a full load.
- Installing one of the latest 3 star/AAA rating showerheads can give you a great shower and save you around 10 litres of water a minute. They also save you energy costs, as you’ll use less hot water.
- To rinse your razor, run a little water into a plugged sink. Rinsing your razor under a running tap wastes lots of water.
- Electric or fuel powered leaf blowers work more efficiently than hosing down paths and driveways.
- Pool covers reduce the amount of water you need to keep your pool full and running efficiently.
Source: JoJo Tanks
Click on the links below to see the range of water tanks, rainwater tanks, chemical tanks, silo tanks, tank stands and other products available from JoJo Tanks.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!