‘Plastic’ or polyethylene water tanks have numerous advantages of water tanks made from other materials. Of course, we are discussing high quality, rotational moulded poly water tanks such as those manufactured by JoJo Tanks in South Africa.
Here are some advantages of poly water tanks to help you with your decision:
- Rotational moulding process results in a seamless tank thus removing the risk of splits/cracks/leaks along a seam
- Poly water tanks do not rust, flake off or produce fibres that are associated with steel water tanks and some fibreglass water tanks
- Poly water tanks are generally more affordable than tanks made from other materials
- The light weight of plastic water tanks makes them easier to transport, handle and install; this translates into cost savings when it comes to transport and installation (anybody who has ever worked with steel water tanks or fibreglass tanks will agree!)
- Maintaining and cleaning polyethylene water tanks is easy
- Most brands such as JoJo Tanks offer a wide range of colours to suit the surrounding environment and satisfy aesthetic requirements
- Generally, poly water tanks are available in far more sizes/capacities, shapes and configurations due to the flexibility of manufacture using the rotational moulding process
- Good quality plastic tanks like JoJo Tanks products are guaranteed for many years (8 years in the case of JoJo Tanks). Whatever type or brand of water tank you are considering buying, be sure to enquire about any guarantees or warrantees.
- High quality locally produces poly tanks such as those made by JoJo Tanks are made with built-in UV protection and have been designed to withstand harsh African conditions
There is definitely a place for water tanks made from mild steel, stainless steel, fibreglass and concrete but in most cases, there will be a poly water tank that will, in most cases, at least match performance and longevity and will have a number of advantages to boot.
In South Africa we recommend water tanks and other products made by JoJo Tanks; click on the links below to view the wide range of JoJo vertical tanks, JoJo horizontal tanks, JoJo septic tanks, JoJo underground tanks, JoJo steel tank stands and other high quality rotational moulded polyethylene products.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!