JoJo polyethylene septic tanks and conservancy tanks have very similar installation guidelines and procedure only deviates where specified. Note that septic tanks are designed to be installed with French drains while conservancy tanks are designed to be emptied/pumped out when full.
DIG A HOLE SLIGHTLY BIGGER THAN THE SEPTIC TANK (200-300 cm all around)
1. Septi tank or conservancy tank to be installed in natural soil only
2. One hole per tank (no mass graves!)
3. Place a base of 100-150mm sand in the hole and level out.
4. Place the 50mm white PVC pipe into position. (The long end fits into the nipple at the base of the tank with the short end through the 50mm hole provided.) THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO THE CONSERVANCY TANKS!
5. Place the tank into the hole and fill with water. (The conservancy tank must be strapped down.)
6. Make a mixture of 10 units of sand to 1 unit of cement. Throw this mixture in layers of 300-400mm around the tank. Saturate each layer with water. Do this procedure all the way to the top. Fill the entire hole.
7. Connect the pipes.
8. The 50mm outlet pipe must run into a “French” drain (SEPTIC TANKS)
9. Place a Bacteria Starter Pack into the SEPTIC TANK to start the fermentation process. (A piece of rotten meat is very effective.)
10. CONSERVANCY tanks must be emptied out when full.
11. It is recommended that members of IOPSA install these tanks.
Source: JoJo Tanks
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!