Underground water tanks, as opposed the more conventional above-ground water tanks, offer a few advantages. This is a brief look at situations where under ground water tanks may be the better option.
Underground water tanks may be preferable to standard above-ground water tanks in the following situations:
- Where there is limited space and where every square metre is valued at a premium, underground water tanks such as the robustly constructed JoJo 6000 litre underground tank can even be installed under driveways
- Aesthetically, above-ground water tanks may not suit a particular building style – underground tanks are out of sight and immediately solve this problem
- Building regulations in some residential estates do not allow water tanks to be visible. While normal vertical water tanks can be successfully concealed, an underground water tank is usually accepted by most estate governing bodies
- Where above-ground water tanks may be vulnerable to tampering or malicious damage, underground water tanks are safe from vandals
- Underground water tanks are naturally insulated from extreme temperatures – important in very hot or very cold climes
- In unstable countries or in times of civil unrest, it may not be wise to openly advertise the presence of water tanks when municipal water services shut down. Or when natural disasters strike, having visible stored water at a home or business may attract unwanted attention from people desperate for water. Underground water tanks can be kept secret.
In most cases standard above-ground vertical water tanks will be well-suited but if any of the situations above are a reality, an underground water tank may be the better option.
Click on the links below to see the wide range of JoJo Tanks products available in South Africa
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!