The message is particularly pertinent for businesses, whose entire value chains account for a vast proportion of the water we consume globally, from industrial processes to cleaning windows, from irrigating crops to cooling nuclear reactors.
Here is a quick reminder of the key points to developing your water saving plan. Save it on your desktop, print it out and put it on your wall, but most importantly, follow it.
- Water meters are a great way to monitor usage and save money. Manufacturers should aim to balance water input and output and service companies should compare use against employee numbers.
- Appoint a team of water monitors to continually find ways of detecting leaks and driving down water use.
- Taps and toilets – fix leaky faucets and fit cistern displacement devices, low-flush toilets, and sensor-activated urinal flushing wherever possible.
- Efficient equipment is crucial to a sustainable water plan. It may have an upfront cost attached, but it will pay for itself quickly in water savings.
- Roofs aren’t just for shelter. Installing rainwater harvesting technology and rain water tanks can help your business cut its utility bills, running costs, and environmental impacts.
Sources: BusinessGreen Plus (By Jessica Shankleman) Edited
Rainwater harvesting diverts rainwater to reservoirs or water tanks that otherwise would have gone into stormwater drains and onwards to local water courses. In urban areas, the hard surfaces (tarmac, paved yards, buildings) do not allow for any infiltration; the local waterways thus need to cope with volumes of water that are way above their normal levels. This causes streambank erosion and localised flooding – not good for local ecosystems. The water from stormwater drains has also often collected pollutants from roads and factories thus is also a cause of water pollution and contamination. Therefore collecting rainwater not only saves businesses and homeowners money, it is also beneficial to the environment. At the heart of most water conservation systems is the water tank or rainwater tank; be sure to choose only high quality water tanks that can safely store water for long periods. We recommend water tanks and other products manufactured by JoJo Tanks. Click on the links below to view the wide range of jojo water tanks, jojo tank stands, jojo septic tanks and other high quality JoJo Tanks products available in South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands. See JoJo Tanks VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS. Also see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products the best choice in South Africa. JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 LITRE JOJO WATER TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks also available on order)