Below are 10 easy tips that should be put into practice all 365 days of the year!
10 Tips for Conserving Water in the Home:
- Check Faucets and Pipes for Leaks. Even a tiny drip can waste 20 gallons a day. Get in touch with a local plumbing expert to get these fixed immediately.
- Don’t Use the Toilet as a Waste Basket. Each tissue you flush is 5-7 gallons of water.
- Check Toilets for Leaks. Put a few drops of food coloring in your tank, if the color begins to appear in the bowl before flushing, you have a leak. Call your plumber!
- Install Low Flow Faucets and Showerheads. These are inexpensive, relatively easy to install yourself (although a plumber can also easily do this) and use 2.5 less gallons of water per minute!
- Insulate Your Water Pipes. Easy to install insulation allows you to get hot water quickly and stop wasting water while you wait for it to warm up.
- Cut Down Your Shower Time. Be mindful of your time spent in there. Even turn the water off while you are soaping up or shaving. A four-minute shower uses 20-40 gallons of water.
- Turn off that Faucet! While brushing your teeth, washing your hands, shaving or cleaning dishes – there is no need to let the water run down the drain with no purpose! Turn off the water while brushing or soaping up hands and dishes. If you need to rinse your razor while shaving do so in a stopped sink with a few inches of water. Each of these small efforts saves huge amounts of water.
- Make Sure you have a Full Load. Be certain to only use a washing machine or dishwasher when each is full to capacity. Also consider replacing your appliances with Energy Star products that can use 35-50% less water and 50% less energy.
- Ease Up on the Garbage Disposal. These use a lot of water to operate and can cause damage to your septic system. Consider starting a compost pile as an alternative to disposing of food waste.
- Keep Cold Drinking Water in the Fridge. Rather than standing at the faucet waiting for the water to get cold always keep water in the fridge for drinking. Skip the plastic bottles and consider a filtering container so that you always have clean, ice-cold water at your fingertips.
“These are easy steps anyone can take to conserve our world’s water supply,” says Fred Hutchinson.
Source: Water Online (Abbrev.)
With it being National Water Week in South Africa and World Water Day on Friday, 22 March, everybody should be aware of their water-use habits and should be looking at areas where water-saving measures can be implemented, this week and every week. Rainwater harvesting is an ideal way of collecting free water and reducing water demand. Grey water recycling and grey water irrigation are other ways of ensuring you get the most use out of your water as possible. At the heart of most water conservation systems are water tanks. Be sure to choose only high quality water tanks and rain water tanks from reputable companies. Buying a cheap water tank is not financially sound nor is it environmentally friendly – the tank will not last long which is a waste of money and it will need to be discarded long before a quality water tank needs to be – adding to waste of energy and creating more pressure on waste disposal sites. We recommend JoJo Tanks that are affordable and are guaranteed for 5 years. Click on the links below to find your ideal JoJo water tank, JoJo rainwater tank, JoJo underground tank, JoJo tank stand or other high quality JoJo Tanks product.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands. See JoJo Tanks VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS. Also see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products the best choice in South Africa. JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 LITRE JOJO WATER TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks also available on order)