Good water management of is key. Whether it’s bread, meat, milk or fruit, whatever we eat demands water. The Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) estimates that we need to increase agricultural production globally by 70% to feed the projected 9 billion people expected on the planet by 2050.
Tag Archives | FAO
Climate change will have a major impact on the availability of water for growing food in the decades to come. So warns Climate Change, Water and Food Security, a new report from the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO). The report found that already water-stressed regions, like the semi-arid areas of southern Africa, the America’s, Australia […]
As my colleague William Neuman reports, the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization announced this week that food prices hit a record high last month. Its Food Price Index was 214.7 for December, the highest level since the organization created the index to measure the price of a standard basket of goods in 1990.
- How to waste less wastewater February 2, 2020
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010