One more point to add is that greywater should never be stored in water tanks or water drums for more than 24 hours. Grey water should either be used immediately or within a few hours if it is necessary to store in tanks temporarily. The reason for this is that graywater does contain low concentrations or bacteria & microorganisms that are not usually a threat but if given a chance to multiply for more than a day in a water tank, the levels could become potentially harmful.
1. It’s best to use a competent plumber who is a qualified greywater installer. It is very important that pipes are labelled correctly.
2. Even water that comes out of the outside tap should ideally be filtered, especially if you are watering plants that you intend to eat or in gardens where children may play.
3. Before you install a greywater system, consider the ongoing costs of any necessary maintenance and filtering. Make sure you understand how frequently you will need to check and clean any filters.
4. Bear in mind that the easiest time to fit a greywater system is likely to be when you are renovating your bathroom.
5. It is relatively cheap for a property developer to fit a greywater system during a build. So if you are buying a new-build, look for a property with a greywater system already installed. This is a good sign that you are buying a sustainable home.
Source: The Guardian (excerpt)
If you are in South Africa, we recommend polyethylene water tanks and other products manufactured by JoJo Tanks. Click on the links below to view the wide range of JoJo Tanks products available.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 8-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)