Rainwater harvesting tanks suddenly become in demand when there is a water shortage such as is currently the case in Gauteng, South Africa. The truth is that it is too late to install rainwater tanks or back-up supply water tanks when a water shortage hits; delivery lead time, installation time all add up to perhaps a week or two on some cases. There is no better time to install a rainwater tank or water tank for storing municipal water than now! The article below outlines some excellent reasons to harvest rainwater as well as uses or rainwater from your rain water tanks.
Rainwater Harvesting (RWH), although not a new concept, has become increasingly practical in today’s world as the availability of water sources dwindles and the costs of providing treated water for residential and commercial buildings has seen continued increases. The technology for the capture, storage and reuse of rainwater has also made significant advances and will continue to make progress moving forward. In the United States, recent periods of drought and shortages of water for both rural areas and large population areas have heightened public awareness towards all methods of water conservation. Therefore, rainwater harvesting is becoming increasingly popular, sensible and more cost effective.
The benefits and advantages of Rainwater Harvesting are numerous.
- The water is free; the only cost is for collection, conveyance, filtration, storage in water tanks and use of the system with minimal operation and maintenance.
- The end use of the harvested water is located close to the source, eliminating the need for complex and costly distributions systems.
- Rainwater provides a water source when groundwater is unacceptable or unavailable, or it can augment limited groundwater supplies.
- The zero hardness of rainwater helps prevent scale on appliances, extending their use-life; rainwater eliminates the need for a water softener and the salts added during the softening process.
- Rainwater is superior for plant watering.
- Reduced Demand on Water Supplies – RWH helps utilities reduce periodic demand stresses and delays expensive expansion of existing water treatment plants.
- Runoff Volume Reduction – RWH reduces the volume of storm water which lessens the impact of local erosion, pollutant and hydraulic loads on storm sewers and can help engineers, designers & planners in their permitting efforts for areas with storm water concerns.
- Rain water harvesting systems add value to any property.
- Monetary Savings – RWH reduces consumers’ utility bills, and for this reason alone it is sensible for consumers of all types, particularly businesses, places of mass assembly and large scale water users to move toward this practice.
Typical Non-Potable Uses of Rainwater
Home & Building Washing
Agriculture – Farms & Nurseries
Typical Commercial Users of Rainwater
Golf Courses – Equipment Washing & Irrigation
Hotels & Resorts
Warehouses & Factories
Schools & Public Service Facilities
Farms, Animal Care & Agricultural Buildings
Garden Centers & Nurseries
Coliseums, Sports Domes & Places of Mass Assembly
Fire Stations and/or Fire Vulnerable Communities
Source: SmartWater Solutions Group
Be sure to choose a water tank that carries a guaranty or warranty and if the rainwater or back-up water is to be used for drinking purposes, ensure that the tank is rated for storing water for human consumption. JoJo water tanks carry an 8-year warranty and are manufactured from 100% virgin food-grade material, suitable for storing potable water. Click on the links below to view the wide range of jojo water tanks, jojo chemical tanks, jojo septic tanks, jojo silo tanks, jojo tank stands and more.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 8-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)