This year the theme of World Wetlands Day will be ‘Wetlands & Tourism,’ celebrated on Thursday 2 February 2012. This will celebrate the 41st anniversary of the Ramsar Convention, an intergovernmental treaty signed on 2 February 1971 in Iran for the protection of wetlands worldwide. 160 countries have since signed the treaty.
Archive | water cycle RSS feed for this section
Evidence that the world’s water cycle has already intensified is contained in research published in the American Journal of Climate. The change in the water cycle means arid regions have become drier and high rainfall regions wetter as atmospheric temperature increases. The study shows the surface ocean beneath rainfall-dominated regions has freshened, whereas ocean regions […]
On the Marketplace Morning Report, we spoke to Charles Fishman, author of The Big Thirst: The Secret Life and Turbulent Future of Water. In his new book, Fishman explains that historically, humans have had a very luxurious relationship with water — how we use it, how we access it, how it’s valued — but now, […]
Water on earth may be more scarce than you may think. Charles Fishman, author of “The Big Thirst,” talks about what people should do to help secure the world’s water future. Jeremy Hobson: More bad news for Texas which is in the middle of the worst drought since the 1960s. Forecasters are expecting less-than-average rainfall […]
Don’t be surprised if the next time you head down to a river with a fishing pole you pull up a lowly carp instead of a prized native trout. Most rivers no longer flow the way they’re supposed to flow–and that’s changing the mix of fish and other organisms that call them home.
18 percent more water fed into oceans in 2006 than in 1994, satellite data show Researchers who set out to create a baseline for future research on water cycle trends on Monday reported an alarming discovery: 18 percent more water was fed into the oceans from rivers and melting polar ice sheets in 2006 than […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010