Water shortages are currently prevalent in many parts of South Africa with many homeowners scrambling to buy water tanks (parts of Gauteng are currently experiencing water supply problems).
It is never desirable to try and buy & install a water tank when a water supply outage occurs. Delivery lead time and installation of the water tank could be a week or more. The best time to install water tanks is now so that you will be prepared for the inevitable water shortages which are bound to become even more prevalent in South Africa.
Here are some pointers to think about when considering the various types, sizes and brands of water tanks on the market:
- Think about whether you need the water tank simply as a reserve tank of municipal water or whether rainwater harvesting is also an option. The height and dimensions are or tanks for rainwater collection could be limited by the height of the lowest gutters on the building.
- Size & shape of the water tank could also be limited by the amount of space available. A tall but narrow tank such as the various slimline tanks may be a better option for the townhouse where space is limited. On the other hand many suburban properties have space for installing larger water tanks – 5000 litre tanks, 10000 litre tanks or even 20000 litre water tanks.
- Positioning the water tank will be determined by a few factors. If the tank is to be used for rainwater harvesting, it will usually need to be placed under the building’s eaves. Aesthetics may also affect decisions as well as building codes.
- The colour of the water tank should be chosen carefully to ensure that it blends in with the surrounding buildings. Polyethylene water tanks (‘plastic’ water tanks) are available in a wide range of colours – JoJo Tanks probably have the widest range of colours in South Africa.
- Above ground or underground tanks? Where space is at a premium or where building codes do not allow above-ground water tanks, underground water tanks are the answer. Be sure to choose a robust underground tank such as the JoJo Tanks 6000 litre underground tank which is designed extremely well and can even be installed under driveways and parking areas.
- The material that the water tank is made from is another decision to make. Generally, polyethylene water tanks are available in the widest range of colours, shapes, types and sizes and high quality poly water tanks have many advantages over steel, fibreglass & concrete tanks. Some of these include corrosion resistance, ease of transport & installation and value for money. This only applies to high quality poly water tanks such as those manufactured by JoJo Tanks.
We recommend water tanks, chemical tanks and other liquid storage tanks made by JoJo Tanks in South Africa. JoJo water tanks (vertical & horizontal) carry an 8 year warranty and are certified by Agrement. JoJo tanks are made from virgin food-grade materials and are suitable for storing water for human consumption and they have an inner black lining that inhibits algae growth. Click on the links below for more information about the various JoJo Tanks products available in South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 8-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)