A step-by-step guide on how to install the new JoJo Tanks ring base. This installation is ideal where height is not required for water pressure. If pressure is needed then either pumps can be installed or the water tanks can be installed on tank stands.
1. Two items are required for the JoJo Tanks base ring installation: The metal ring clamp which keeps the plastic base ring stable and the base ring into which the compacting material and concrete is poured to form the foundation.
2. Place the ring clamp around the plastic base ring to hold it stable then place it on the ground and mark its position.
3. Prepare the position of the base ring by digging a circle into the ground (depth of between 50-100mm)
4. Place the base ring in the circle outline and ensure that the base ring is level by using a spirit level.
5. Fill the ring with proper compacting material (sabunga) in 100mm layers, compacting each layer.
6. Level and compact each 100mm layer of sabunga.
7. Prepare and compact the final layer of sabunga leaving at least 75-100mm for the concrete top.
8. Finally, add a cement mix (3 crush -stone, 2 sand and 1 cement) of at least 75mm to form a robust, level and smooth concrete base.
The metal ring clamp can now be removed.
9. Insert the brackets for tie-downs, ensuring they are equally spaced. Leave cement to dry for at least 24hours before placing the water tank on top
10. Tie down the tank with 4mm galvanized wire. Loop through the bracket and the ear on the tank. Ensure that tie-downs are not too tight as this will buckle the water tank.
If you are in South Africa, click on the links below for more information about JoJo water tanks, JoJo chemical tanks, JoJo tank stands, JoJo silo tanks, JoJo underground tanks, JoJo septic tanks & more.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 8-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)