Once you have selected the best type and size of water tank suited to your requirements, you will need to manoeuvre the tank to your pre-selected spot.
Here are some tips to help you decide where your water tank should be installed.
- If it is a rainwater tank, the tank should be placed at a point beneath the lowest gutter of the building (a low profile 5000 litre tank or even a low profile 10000 litre tank may fit in better than a standard vertical water tank).
- The building’s internal plumbing as well water supply pipes running into the building should also be taken into account to prevent having to install long connection pipes to the water tank (which could be costly, especially if paving must be lifted and redone).
- Aesthetics are important to many – having a water tank installed right near main entrance would not be a good idea. Make use of existing walls and/or foliage to hide the tank and position it where it is least noticeable where possible.
- Elevation is useful if pressure is to be generated by gravity. This can be achieved by placing the water tank at the highest point on the property to maximise the benefit. Remember one bar of pressure is created by every 1o metres rise. A water tank stand may be necessary on properties with little gradient.
- If space is an issue, an underground water tank may be an option. Heavy duty underground tanks such as the JoJo 6000 litre underground tank can even be installed under driveways if properly installed. Positioning of the underground tank will also be affected by existing plumbing, other service lines, foundations and specific building regulations.
It is preferable to decide on the size and type of tank and where it will be placed before buying a tank rather than getting a tank and trying to make it fit somewhere on the property. The dimensions of water tanks are readily obtained from water tank manufacturers (and the dimensions of JoJo Tanks water tanks are available on this website; see vertical water tanks and horizontal water tanks).
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!