In South Africa, plastic or polyethylene water tanks (also known as poly tanks) are by far the most popular choice when it comes to choosing between plastic tanks and steel tanks. There are some good reasons for this.
Reasons to choose a poly water tank:
- They are generally less expensive when compared to a comparably sized galvanised steel water tank (and MUCH less expensive than stainless steel water tanks)
- Plastic water tanks are also generally available in far more sizes, configurations/types and colours when compared to steel water tank
- When it comes to transporting, handling and installation, polyethylene water tanks are easier due to their relatively light weight
- Plastic water tanks do not rust nor are they prone to chemical degradation or corrosion as can happen in galvanised steel water tanks (even ‘stainless’ steel water tanks are not immune to chemical attack over time)
- Polyethylene water tanks that have small holes or cracks can be repaired relatively inexpensively by using the plastic welding technique
- Good quality poly tanks, such as those made by JoJo Tanks (South Africa), can be very durable and match or beat the service life of many galvanised steel water tanks
- Poly water tanks manufactured using the rotational moulding process (such as tanks made by JoJo Tanks) do not have seams and are less likely to split (most steel water tanks are riveted and/or welded along a seam at one point, creating a natural weak area prone to corrosion, leaks and possibly splitting under pressure).
Of course, quality is important, whether we are discussing plastic water tanks or steel tanks – an inferior tank made from either material is not worth buying because it is cheaper – it will not last long!
In South Africa, we recommend water tanks, chemical tanks, septic tanks, silo tanks and other products manufactured by JoJo Tanks. All JoJo Tanks vertical and horizontal water tanks are sold with an 8-year warranty and quality surpasses minimum industry standards. Click on the links below to view the wide range of JoJo Tanks products available in South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!