1. Store water in case of water outages. Many towns and cities in South Africa are experiencing water supply cuts more and more frequently. A large 10000 litre water tank or even a 20000 litre water tank (or a few of these in series, depending on the size of the business) filled with municipal water will ensure that emergency water supplies are available.
2. Water for fire-fighting. As public services are mostly in decline in South Africa, businesses need to ensure that adequate water supplies are available in case of a fire (how long do emergency fire-fighting services take to respond to a fire these days?). A 10000 litre water tank placed on a steel tank stand of 6 metres or higher will protect the tank from flames and provide pressure.
3. Collect rainwater. Many businesses have ideal rooftop collection surfaces for rainwater harvesting. A series of large water tanks placed along the walls of a factory or warehouse can collect vast quantities of rainwater for a variety of uses, even for drinking water if appropriately filtered.
4. Save money. Rainwater tanks, especially for a large building with suitable rooftop collection surfaces, can, in some cases store enough rain water to sustain the business’s water requirements. This can save significant amounts on the monthly water bill, especially during the rainy season.
5. Beat water restrictions. In South Africa, water restrictions are common in some towns and cities during winter/non-rainy season. A few 10000 litre, 15000 litre or 20000 litre water tanks filled with rainwater from the rainy season can be used to irrigate lawns and gardens that would otherwise die back and degrade the appearance of the business.
6. Environmental benefits. Rainwater harvesting reduces stormwater runoff. Stormwater runoff from the hard surfaces of urban areas is channelled down stormwater drains which eventually ends up in local waterways causing streambank erosion (unnatural quantities of water is a short space of time) and pollution (from pavements, yards and urban landscapes).
7. ‘Green’ image. Today’s eco-conscious consumers will respond positively to businesses that engage in water conservation and other green practices. Rainwater tanks are usually conspicuous and passers-by can usually immediately see the downpipes from gutters, indicating a rainwater harvesting system.
8. Increase the value of the property. Rainwater tanks or water tanks for storing emergency water supplies add value to the property.
There are many more reasons why the installation of water tanks and rainwater tanks at a business make sense. Click on the links below to view the wide range of water tanks, chemical tanks, underground tanks, septic tanks, silo tanks, water tank stands and other high quality JoJo Tanks products.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!