Underground water tanks are not as commonly available as standard aboveground vertical water tanks but they have their purpose and may be a better option in some cases. In South Africa, a very popular underground water tank is the JoJo 6000 litre underground tank – robustly built and of sufficient storage capacity for many situations.
Here are some situations where underground water tanks could be a better option than above-ground water tanks:
- In urban environments where space is limited. Urban areas are becoming more crowded and space is at a premium; an underground water tank is ideal where there is no space for an above-ground tank and/or where the space could be better utilized for something else. High quality, well-designed underground tanks (such as the JoJo 6000 litre underground tank) can be installed under driveways too.
- In urban environments where aesthetics are important. Although many are proud to show their above-ground water tanks and rainwater tanks, there are situations where above-ground water tanks would not fit in with the architecture or landscaping – underground water tanks can be placed out of sight, under lawns, driveways or paved areas.
- In rural environments where aesthetics are important. The ubiquitous JoJo water tanks that are seen all over South Africa are a familiar sight on farms but there may be situations where underground water tanks would be more suited, for example an exclusive game lodge or resort.
- Where tampering may occur. Although above-ground water tanks can be installed on high water tank stands, out of reach to most, they are still highly visible and a determined vandal or criminal could tamper with or contaminate the water in the tank. Underground water tanks can be installed out of sight and the inlet and outlet pipes can be buried to render the presence of stored water invisible.
- In extremely hot or extremely cold environments. Above-ground water tanks can be exposed to extreme temperatures – very hot or freezing, which may be undesirable. Underground water tanks are insulated by the earth around them and thus extreme water temperature variations are avoided – important for certain uses and for the plumbing system collected to the tank.
So whereas above-ground vertical water tanks may serve most needs, underground water tanks should also be considered. In South Africa, we recommend underground tanks, water tanks, tank stands and other products manufactured by JoJo Tanks; click on the links below for more information.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)