To save even more water & money, water conservation systems such as grey water recycling & rainwater harvesting systems can be installed. Rain water tanks can be used for storing rainwater for home and garden use. In South Africa, water tanks of all types and sizes can be supplied by JoJo Tanks – South Africa’s premier polyethylene tank manufacturer.
A typical household uses approximately 260 gallons of water every day. Reduce this amount and save money by using water more efficiently. Here are some tips to conserve water resources at home.
KITCHEN AND LAUNDRY
- Use automatic dishwashers only for full loads. Every time a dishwasher is operated, about 17 gallons of water are used. Make each gallon count.
- When washing dishes by hand, do not leave the water running for rinsing. If two sinks are used, fill one with soapy water and one with rinse water. If one sink is used, gather all the washed dishes in the dish rack and rinse them with an inexpensive spray device.
- Do not let the faucet run while cleaning vegetables. The same purpose can be served by putting a stopper in the sink and filling the sink with clean water.
- Keep a bottle of drinking water in the refrigerator. This ends the wasteful practice of running tap water to cool it for drinking. Storing water in the refrigerator also has the nice effect of removing any chlorine taste out of the water.
- Use automatic washing machines only for full loads. Automatic washers use 30 to 35 gallons of water for a few garments.
- Check faucets and pipes for leaks. Leaks waste water 24 hours a day, seven days a week and often can be repaired with a very inexpensive washer. Not only will repairing leaks conserve water, the effort may save on the water bill.
- Check toilets for leaks. A leak in the toilet, that can neither be seen nor heard, may be wasting more than 100 gallons of water a day. To check for leaks, put a little food coloring in the toilet tank. If, without flushing, the coloring begins to appear in the bowl, the tank is leaking and should be repaired immediately.
- Take shorter showers. Long, hot showers waste five to 10 gallons of water every unneeded minute. Limit showers to the time it takes to soap up, wash, and rinse off.
- Install water-saving shower heads or flow restrictors. Most shower heads put out five to 10 gallons water a minute, while three gallons are actually enough for a refreshing, cleansing shower.
- Take baths. A bath in a partially filled tub uses less water than all but the shortest showers.
- Turn off the water after wetting toothbrushes. After wetting a toothbrush and filling a glass for rinsing, there is no need to keep water running down the drain.
- Rinse razors in the sink. Before shaving, fill the bottom of the sink with a few inches of warm water. This will rinse razor blades just as efficiently as running water, and is far less wasteful.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 LITRE, 15000 LITRE & 20000 LITRE JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!