Greywater recycling is an eco-friendly way of conserving water; just remember that grey water should not be stored in water tanks for longer than 24 hours as potentially harmful bacteria could start to multiply. Reusing greywater (from temporary storage in a drum or water tank) also puts less pressure on your septic tank or French drain with the result that maintenance intervals are increased by years in many cases.
If you want to have a good, useful home you can count on with some green ideas in mind, then you will need to approach things in a smart way. Energy efficiency plays a great part in any ways you can improve your home, so you will need to make use of low-impact materials as well as treating your waste water in such a way as to make it the least harmful to the environment. Sewers and septic tanks are often unwanted for a number of reasons. A greywater system is an excellent way of handling this in a safe way, as well as the waste water you have to deal with. You will have much less trouble with maintenance and cleaning if you handle it right and you won’t have to throw greywater away down the drain if you can use it for more:
- You will need to get a greywater proposal ready since it will be a construction project that may need approval from your local authorities.
- In essence, a branched-drain a greywater system will help divide the flow into smaller branches as it goes. In the design, the greywater will be divided four times as it travels between the house’s main pipe and the smaller outlets, each of which is meant to discharge the greywater below the surface of your yard. It will be split with double ell junctions when creating the plumbing.
- You should either work on building trenches for your pipes by yourself or by renting machinery to get it done, such as a Ditch Witch or something similar. It will take a good bit of work, but you will get things done fairly easily if you have the right machinery by your side.
- Once you finish working on the trenches, you will face the hard job of digging mulch basins and laying the pipe down. Depending on your local soil you may have a fairly easy time, but if it happens to be clay or if the soil is rocky, then you can expect quite a few hours of hard work to get it done.
- Once you have all pieces installed in the trenches you will need to fill the mulch basins up as planned, so you can get ahead with the rest of the project.
- You will see the main pipe coming out of your home, then hitting the first junction branching out. You can divide the system into two zones if you have the space, which will allow each zone to dry out for a few weeks as you use the other one. You can do that with the installation of a valve at the first junction. Make sure you place some cleanouts at the top of each of the zones, preferably near a downspout so you can make use of rainwater from rain water tanks when you flush them out. Spring Cleaning Service Chiswick
Source: Guest post by Heather Roberts (Heather Roberts is a freelance guest blogger from London, UK. She has got many published articles on various topics such as cleaning, organizing, home and garden etc. She loves to spend her time with family and friends and she also tries to live an eco-friendly life).
JoJo liquid storage tanks can be used for greywater recycling systems, rainwater systems and more. JoJo Tanks manufacture their vertical and horizontal tanks from food grade polyethylene and are rated for storing water for human consumption. JoJo Tanks also manufacture other products such as poly septic tanks, poly underground tanks, poly conservancy tanks, poly silo tanks, silo tank stands, steel water tank stands and other high quality products; click on the links below to see more.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 8-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)