As can be expected, high quality water tanks such as polyethylene storage tanks made by JoJo Tanks can be more expensive than inferior quality tanks made by some other manufacturers. Here are some reasons why you should be happy to pay a little more for a JoJo water tank or other JoJo storage tank.
- Unlike some other brands, JoJo tanks are made from virgin polyethylene sourced from SASOL in South Africa. Cheaper brands sometimes incorporate polyethylene that is of varying quality which results in varying overall quality and longevity of the tank.
- JoJo Tanks supports locally sourced materials, labour and expertise – ‘proudly 100% South African’. Some research on competing plastic water tank brands (and ‘no-name’ brands) reveals that in some cases the raw material for making the water tanks is sourced from overseas, principally from China. The imported raw materials are often cheaper than South African-sourced materials; this allows these brands to offer products at lower prices. Apart from suspect quality, wouldn’t you rather support the South African economy?
- JoJo Tanks have more than 30 years manufacturing experience and no expense has been spared soon the best expertise and state of the art manufacturing equipment. There are some brands that have capitalised on this and imitation products abound. While these water tanks and chemical tanks may look very similar to JoJo Tanks products on the surface, quality and after sales service leaves much to be desired.
- JoJo storage tanks are manufactured using the rotational moulding process (often referred to as ‘roto-moulding’) which results in a one-piece finished product – there are no seams. Cheaper tanks are often made using two-piece moulds which results in a seam that is prone to splitting and cracking. Look carefully at polyethylene tanks before buying, if you see a seam, beware!
- Much research has been carried out by JoJo Tanks with regards to wall thickness of their tanks. Standard duty JoJo tanks have a wall thickness of 3mm to 5mm – thicker at the bottom where more pressure is exerted. JoJo tanks also have reinforcing ribs or bands that further strengthen the tank. Some inferior plastic water tank brands make tanks with a wall thickness of only 1mm – you can literally poke a finger through them!
- Warranties and guarantees are a gauge of how confident the manufacturer is of their product. JoJo Tanks offer an 8-year warranty to the original purchaser of their liquid storage tanks. There are very few poly tank manufacturers in South Africa that even offer a 1-year guaranty; check before buying.
- JoJo water tanks are made from food-grade polyethylene that is certified safe to store water and foodstuffs for human consumption. JoJo tanks are also lined with a food-grade inner black membrane which inhibits algae growth and keeps water fresher for longer. Even some of the more reputable poly water tank brands in South Africa do not offer these features.
- JoJo vertical and horizontal polyethylene water tanks also carry the prestigious Agrement quality certification; not many other brands carry any sort of independent certification.
- JoJo Tanks have set up depots and factories throughout South Africa, ensuring availability and after sales service across the country. JoJo Tanks have depots in the following centres: Pretoria, Groblersdal, Glencoe, Camperdown, East London, Port Elizabeth, Hopetown and Worcester.
So the next time you compare prices of other brands to JoJo Tanks products, bear all the above points in mind. You may save a few hundred Rand by buying another brand but in the long term it could be an expensive mistake. This is why we at Rainharvest have chosen JoJo Tanks as the brand of choice. Click on the links below for more information about the various JoJo Tanks products available in South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 8-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)