In South Africa, there are a number of plastic water tank manufacturers – ranging from very poor quality to excellent.
Please do not choose a polyethylene water tank based on price alone; here are some points to consider:
1. Price: Naturally, especially in these difficult economic times, price is important but it should not be the overriding factor influencing your decision. Like most things, when it comes to poly water tanks, you get what you pay for; the dirt-cheap plastic tanks from unknown brands (or ‘no-name’) are almost certainly of poor quality and will probably last less than a year. At the other end of the spectrum, very expensive tanks should be examined carefully; are you paying for an imported product where most of the high cost is due to customs taxes & duties? Is the retailer an authorised dealer for the tank and does the price reconcile with the manufacturer’s suggested retail price?
2. Brand: Generally, you will make a safe purchase if you buy a water tank manufactured by a well-known, recognised local brand that has been in the local market for at least 10 years. Buying an unknown brand or worse, a ‘no-name’ brand could lead to an expensive mistake in the medium and long term. There may be some excellent imported water tanks available but who knows for how long the importer will back any warranty claims, if any?
3. Guaranty/warranty: This is very important – ask the retailer whether any warranty or guaranty is offered and ensure the retailer is a registered, authorised dealer (in most cases, any guarantees will be declared null & void if the dealer is not officially authorised to sell tanks of a particular brand). Also consider the length of the warranty offered and the conditions; a one year guaranty is not really appropriate for a poly water tank; it should be at least 5 years or more.
4. Design: In the poly water tank world, there are basically two main methods of manufacturing a tank – by rotational moulding (‘roto-moulding’) and conventional two-piece moulding. Tanks manufactured via rotational moulding are inherently stronger than the two-piece method of moulding. Roto-moulded tanks are literally formed in one whole piece with no seams to potentially split or crack. In general, avoid the tank if you spot any kind of moulding seam.
5. Materials: Check that the tank is made from food-grade polyethylene/plastic suitable for storing water for human consumption (surprisingly, some poly tank manufacturers cannot prove that the material used for their tanks is ‘food-grade’ and cannot show any certification). Your safety may be at risk if the quality of the material is such that it leaches potentially harmful chemicals into the stored water. Also check if an algae-inhibiting inner lining is present, usually black in colour.
There are other factors to consider but the above 5 points are probably the most important. In South Africa, JoJo Tanks cover the above points and more. All JoJo water tanks carry an 8-year warranty and are available in a wide range of types, sizes and colours; click on the clinks below for more information.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!