LONDON (Reuters) – More than 2 billion people have gained access to better drinking water sources, such as piped supplies and protected wells, between 1990 and 2010, U.N. officials said on Tuesday.
Tag Archives | safe drinking water
According to the World Health Organization, 1.2 billion people – or almost 1 out of 5 people in the world – are without access to safe drinking water. And even in areas with access, 70 percent of water withdrawn from fresh groundwater sources is used for agriculture. But using groundwater to grow crops and trees […]
The United Nations appears to be a notch more concerned about the progressive scarcity of clean water than about global warming. A WATER crisis is threatening the world, and the Philippines, although surrounded by oceans of water, is not immune to it. Cebu and other cities in the country are already experiencing water shortage. As […]
International problem – acute in South Africa Only 30% or 11% of South Africa’s 283 municipalities are at this point in a position to render adequate water services, the Parliamentary Ad Hoc Committee on Service Delivery was told recently. It is, however, not a problem unique to South Africa and the dangers of a disaster […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010