Tankers will provide water to Mpumalanga residents after several treatment plants were affected by heavy rains this past week, the province’s Department of Co-operative Governance said today. Residents supplied by the Ntunda, Sibange, Langeloop and Masibekela water treatment plants would be provided with water, said spokesperson Simphiwe Kunene. Department Head David Mahlobo and Nkomazi Mayor […]
Tag Archives | floods
These extremes of drought and flood are the new normal, says latest SA climate data It’s official: the weather is getting weirder. South Africa’s top scientists, however, say it is too soon to confirm that global warming is behind the increasing number of droughts and floods – including countrywide floods that have now claimed at […]
Residents and businesses in several towns in northern kwaZulu-Natal have been adversely affected by water shortages following recent heavy rains.
From the point of view of many humans, the term “natural disaster” is a convenient scapegoat because it allows a person (or a whole nation) to blame nature for their own poor planning. Wherever we find so-called “natural disasters” around the world (such as Brazil at the moment), we also usually find a large group […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010