An excellent article from South Africa’s premier polyethylene water tank manufacturer, JoJo Tanks. Rainwater from your rain water tanks can be used for drinking but it must be appropriately filtered/purified first. It pays to keep the roof and gutters clean and to install some coarse pre-filters/debris removers so that less water tank maintenance is required and the filtration requirements will be reduced too.
Rainwater harvesting systems (RWHS) can look and sound complicated but it is actually an easy and ancient method to simply catch free water from the sky. The water harvested is stored in water tanks to use for non-potable household uses including watering the garden, flushing toilets, washing clothes and cars and topping up pools and ponds.
- If you own your property and intend to stay put, a rainwater harvesting system is a good investment. Water bills are set to rise with more regular and higher price hikes and your initial rainwater harvesting investment will repay itself handsomely over the medium term.
- If you have a large garden, there are more than 3 people living in your house and everyone is reliant on municipal water (i.e. metered supply), you will benefit from a rainwater harvesting system.
- If you have a modern kitchen and more than one bathroom, chances are that you would be saving money if you start using rainwater for specific household purposes
- As rainwater harvesting reduces surface water, it will reduce the likelihood of flooding on your property by up to 60%.
- Rainwater is better for your garden as it has a balanced ph and is free of chemicals such as chlorine.
- The running costs of rainwater harvesting systems are low as the system is uncomplicated and extremely reliable – rarely requiring any maintenance. It is also easy to install.
- JoJo Tanks carry an 8-year warranty and are subjected to rigorous testing to ensure that they offer guaranteed quality and are able to store the heavy water loads required.
- Water tanks are extremely efficient collectors: a 50sqm roof can harvest up to 23 000L of water per year.
- Up to 86% of household water needs can be met through rainwater harvesting
- Rain water harvesting is planet friendly and reduces your carbon footprint
Source: JoJo Tanks
Click on the links below to view the wide range of JoJo Tanks products available in South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 8-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)