Water tanks and tank stands often, although not always, go hand in hand. The decision whether or not to install you water tank on a tank stand depends on a number of factors.
Here are some advantages of water tank stands:
- Water tanks need to be placed on a firm level surface; water tank stands obviously offer such a platform.
- Tank stands are available in a range of heights; if you want to make use of gravity for water pressure, the higher the tank stand, the more water pressure will be generated. 1 bar of pressure is generated for every 10m rise.
- Sometimes a water tank needs to be placed slightly above ground level for convenience’ sake. In this case a short stand of for example, 1.5m high would suffice. This allows convenient access to the tap at the bottom of the tank (and allows enough space for buckets, etc, to be placed under the tank).
- Tank stands, especially the higher ones, can ensure the water tank is kept out of reach of animals. Livestock have been known to rub against or engage water tanks placed at ground level, potentially causing damage. A tank placed on a stand will prevent this from happening.
- Similarly, tanks on high tank stands reduce the risk of vandalism and sabotage to the tank and its contents.
- High tank stands can also protect the tank from fire and to a certain extent, flooding.
- Where space is limited, a tank stand or platform can be incorporated into the building so that the tank is located directly above the building and thereby is not taking up any valuable ground space. Remember to only install properly certified and engineered tank stands rated to carry the size tank you have (a full 10000 litre tank is equal to 10 tonnes of water which could cause catastrophic damage if the stand were to fail).
Not every situation calls for a tank stand and they add to the cost of the installation but they certainly have many advantages. In South Africa we recommend steel tank stands manufactured by JoJo Tanks. JoJo tank stands are available for 5000 litre tanks and 10000 litre tanks in the following heights: 1.5m, 3m, 4.5m, 6m & 9m. Click on the links below to view more high quality JoJo Tanks products.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!