In many cases, irrigation water for golf courses, fields and farms is piped to a temporary storage site before being pumped to the irrigation system where it’s needed.
A large poly water tank or a series of large water tanks can offer many benefits over a fixed concrete or earthen impoundment; here are some points to consider:
- A series of large water tanks such as plastic 20000 litre water tanks represents substantial storage capacity; ten 20000 litre tanks will store 200000 litres of irrigation water which compares favourably to a traditional temporary storage dam or impoundment.
- Earthen and concrete impoundments usually have a large surface area, taking up valuable space; vertical water tanks can be installed close together, in series, taking up less space in some instances.
- Dams are inherently susceptible to high rates of evaporation, especially in hot, dry areas during summer; water tanks are enclosed so that evaporation does not take place at all. This saves on water and pumping costs.
- Good quality polyethylene water tanks will not leak while open water bodies in dams and impoundments usually leak to a lesser or greater extent.
- Once an impoundment or dam has been built, it is fixed infrastructure while poly water tanks can easily be moved as and when required.
- The cost of a series of large plastic water tanks is likely to be far less than the cost of building a concrete or earthen impoundment.
In South Africa, the biggest polyethylene water tank is made by JoJo Tanks – their 20000 litre vertical water tank represents substantial storage capacity and has been expertly designed and manufactured to provide years of service life in the harsh African sun(guaranteed for 8 years). Other large JoJo tanks available are the 15000 litre and 10000 litre vertical water tanks; click on the links below to view the wide range of vertical and horizontal water tanks and other products available from JoJo Tanks South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!