Water tanks may need to be installed on water tanks stands for various reasons, the primary one being for water pressure.
Here are some points to consider when buying and installing water tank stands:
- Always ensure that the tank stand is rated to support the size and type of water tank you want to install (remember a 10000 litre water tank exerts 10 tonnes of downward pressure!).
- Tank stands can be made from timber, brick & mortar and steel. We generally recommend that steel tank stands be installed as these can be accurately engineered to withstand the significant forces involved.
- Steel tank stands can be bought in kit form or custom-made by an engineering company. Some steel tank stands are made by ‘backyard engineers’ – the quality varying from good to outright dangerous. We recommend steel tank stands such as those made by JoJo Tanks (South Africa) which are professionally designed and built by a registered structural engineer.
- The height of the tank stand will determine the amount of water pressure; for every 10 metres in height, 1 Bar of pressure can be expected.
- If the required pressure cannot be generated by the highest water tank available, pressure can be increased by installing a booster pump.
- Ensure that the tank stand is properly installed according to the manufacturer’s guidelines – even the best quality tank stand could be unsafe if improperly installed.
- Water tank stands are a significant investment that usually cost much more than the water tanks themselves. When choosing water tank stands, it is wise to choose the best quality stands available as these will often give a lifetime of trouble-free, safe service.
In South Africa, we recommend JoJo steel tank stands (sold in kit form), available for 5000 litre tanks and 10000 litre tanks in the following heights: 1.5m, 3m, 4.5m, 6m & 9m.
Click on the links below to view the wide range of JoJo water tanks and other JoJo Tanks products available.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!