Many people are proud to display their water tanks but sometimes water tanks need to be made less visible for various reasons such as building codes.
Here are some tips and ideas for reducing the visibility of water tanks:
- Instead of buying one or two large vertical water tanks, perhaps consider buying more smaller tanks; eg. Four 5000 litre vertical tanks have a lower profile than a single 20000 litre vertical water tank.
- Choose a colour that will blend in with the surroundings better. In South Africa, plastic water tanks are synonymous with the ubiquitous ‘JoJo green’ water tanks manufactured by JoJo Tanks. The same company offers more than a dozen colours that can usually be ordered at no extra cost.
- Consider choosing a different type of water tank; for instance instead of the standard vertical water tank, a low profile water tank may be easier to conceal (although diameter of low profile tanks is greater, they are significantly lower). Perhaps even a horizontal/transporter tank may be a better option.
- ‘Slimline’ tanks are designed to blend in with urban environments (they are tall with small diameters). Though they are not concealed, their design lends them to being less conspicuous and they are able to fit in to corners. JoJo’s 750 Slimline range of tanks are available in a few ‘marble-effect’ colours which help to blend the tanks with smart building wall colours.
- Above-ground water tanks can be concealed by planting shrubs and creeping plants around the tanks.
- Physical barriers such as bamboo poles or other materials can be placed around the tank to completely hide it from view. As a temporary measure, shade netting can also be used to conceal water tanks.
- Careful planning before water tank installation can ensure that the tank or tanks are placed in a position on the property that makes them inconspicuous.
- Still can’t conceal an above-ground water tank? Then consider installation an underground water tank – obviously virtually totally invisible.
Water tanks are becoming a necessity in many areas in South Africa where local municipalities are failing to provide adequate & safe drinking water. We recommend JoJo Tanks water tanks and rainwater tanks; click on the links below for more information about the wide range of high quality water tanks, tank stands and other JoJo Tanks products available in South Africa.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!