In South Africa, there are many cases where water tank stands offer excellent advantages compared to placing the tank at ground level.
The primary reason for installing water tanks on water tank stands is so that pressure can be created using gravity. Once the water is pumped up to the water tank, there will always be pressure, even without electricity. The amount of pressure is directly related to the height of the tank stand; 1 bar of pressure is gained with every 10 metres of height above ground level.
Other good reasons to install water tanks on tank stands are:
- Save on electricity costs by not having to install a pressure booster pump
- Water pressure is independent of Eskom or other electricity supplies and water will be available, at normal pressure, even during extended electricity supply cuts
- Water tanks up on high tank stands are less prone to damage and/or tampering with by vandals and criminals
- Tanks on tanks stands may be at less risk from accidental damage from cars, tractors and other machinery
- Tank stands can keep water tanks safe from the reach of livestock and wild animals who may damage the tank in order to get at the stored water inside (or who may use the tank as a convenient rubbing post)
- Steel tank stands are relatively safe from veld fires and high tank stands can protect water tanks from fire (especially polyethylene or plastic water tanks that have a low melting point)
While water tank stands are not always necessary, they are very useful investments. Tank stands can be made from a variety of materials including timber, brick & mortar and steel. We recommend that steel tank stands such as those made by JoJo Tanks are installed. JoJo tank stands are designed and manufactured by a registered structural engineer and are over-engineered to not only withstand extra weight (either 5000 litre tank versions or 10000 litre tank versions) but also to withstand extreme environmental conditions such as high wind.
JoJo Tanks also manufacture a wide range of poly water tanks and other high quality polyethylene products. Click on the links below for more information.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!