Water tanks for transporting water are also known as horizontal water tanks in South Africa. There are many reasons why water needs to be transported; here are some:
- Where municipal water supplies have failed, municipalities often use vehicle mounted horizontal tanks to transport water to where it’s needed
- Sometimes building sites do not have existing water supply yet; horizontal water tanks can be useful for bringing water to the site for cement making and other construction uses
- Some crops/orchards are intentionally planted as ‘dry land’ crops – when first planted, seedlings may require irrigation initially until they are established, horizontal tanks, especially the larger ones of 5000 litres and up, are good for this purpose when placed on tractor trailers
- Horizontal tanks can also be filled and taken to locations where they are required for drinking water – the tanks can be placed on level ground, in a temporary position. These locations may be linked to agriculture, construction, military bases or events where the public will be gathering
- Temporary and semi-permanent military bases also make use of horizontal water tanks for soldiers (drinking water, washing water)
- Horizontal tanks can be mounted on a dedicated water bowser and used for the multitude of purposes that water tankers are used for (including less obvious uses such as for spraying gravel roads and camp sites to keep dust under control)
- Fire-fighting vehicles can be mounted with horizontal water tanks and small pumps to be used for dowsing or controlling fires
- Horizontal water tanks can even be placed in large helicopters and other aircraft for transporting water to remote locations
- Horizontal water tanks can also be used as sedentary water tanks and are suited to areas where a low, unobtrusive water tank will fit
In South Africa, JoJo Tanks manufacture a range or standard horizontal tanks for transporting water as well as medium duty and heavy duty horizontal tanks for transporting fuel and other chemicals. JoJo horizontal tanks are available in small capacities (240 litre, 500 litre & 600 litre), medium capacities (750 litre, 900 litre, 1000 litre & 1500 litre) and large capacities (2250 litre, 2500 litre, 5000 litre and 5500 litre).
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 LITRE, 15000 LITRE & 20000 LITRE JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)