There are many practical, financial and educational reasons why installing water tanks or rainwater tanks at schools is a very good idea, especially in South Africa.
Here are some reasons why schools in South Africa should consider installing water tanks:
- Schools inherently have large roof surface areas that are ideal for rainwater harvesting and rainwater tanks
- Many rural schools are not connected to municipal water supplies and thus rainwater tanks or water tanks filled by water tankers periodically will allow the school to maintain good sanitary conditions and for safe drinking water supplies
- Water supply cuts in many parts of South Africa can affect schools drastically – think of hundreds of pupils without drinking water – water tanks on the school property would ensure there is enough water for pupils during water supply cuts
- School rooftops could potentially collect thousands of litres of rainwater during a single rainfall event to be stored in a series of 5000 litre, 10000 litre, 15000 litre or even 20000 litre water tanks on the property. This could reduce a school’s water bills quite substantially.
- Water tanks placed on water tank stands can supply boarding facilities with enough pressure for showers.
- Water tanks in strategic positions around the school can also serve as water for fire-fighting purposes
- Rainwater tanks can also serve as water reservoirs for irrigating lawns, gardens and vegetable patches on the school premises
- Educational: pupils will be able to see how rainwater harvesting works as well as water conservation measures; this awareness will help to raise a generation that is less wasteful of water and one that is educated about rainwater harvesting which can ease the burden of municipalities trying to supply enough water to outlying areas. Pupils may tell their families about rainwater harvesting and help to implement rainwater harvesting at their homes, making them less dependent on unreliable municipal water supplies.
South Africa is a water scarce nation and the more we can educate our children about water conservation the better.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 LITRE, 15000 LITRE & 20000 LITRE JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)