Underground water tanks are an alternative to the usual above ground water tank types. There are a number of uses for underground water tanks and they have some distinct advantages of standard water tanks.
Uses for underground water tanks
- Used for storing water from rainwater harvesting systems
- Can be used to store municipal and water from other sources for household use
- Underground tanks can be used as water reservoirs for irrigation systems
- Emergency supplies of water can be safely stored for long periods underground
- Underground tanks can also store water for fire fighting purposes
- Water for livestock can be stored underground
Advantages of underground water tanks
- Where space is limited, underground tanks can be placed under driveways or lawns
- Where above-ground water tanks may not be aesthetically pleasing, underground water tanks are hidden from view
- Water stored underground is safe from vandals and tampering, especially important where civil unrest may occur
- Underground tanks are protected from fires and other natural disasters such as hurricanes
- In an agricultural or wildlife situation, underground tanks are protected from animals that may rub against or otherwise damage above ground tanks
Disadvantages of underground water tanks
- Underground tanks are relatively more expensive than equivalent above ground tanks due to their rugged and specialised construction
- Installation of underground water tanks is a more costly and difficult process compared to above-ground water tanks
- Pumps are need to extract water from underground tanks whereas above ground tanks can sometimes use gravity alone for enough pressure (especially if placed on water tank stands)
Underground water tanks are definitely superior in some situations and the extra expense and effort to install these tanks is worthwhile. JoJo Tanks manufacture an extremely robust 6000 litre underground water tank (also available as a septic tank or conservancy tank), click HERE for more information.
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 LITRE, 15000 LITRE & 20000 LITRE JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)