The water crisis in Limpopo’s Mopani district is worsening and there isn’t a solution in sight. The district is marred by persistent water shortages and at some stage bore holes were flagged as a solution.
Tag Archives | water tankers
Businesses in Port Elizabeth’s biggest shopping centre, Greenacres, have had to close their doors after their taps ran dry. Water shortages have hamstrung the city after two main supply water pipes burst. Municipal officials say they are re-routing water to areas without any water.
There are two very important reasons why we should conserve water. One is the obvious money-saving issue, while the second is something that the majority of the general public do not think of nearly enough – the environment.
Dams, reservoirs and desalination plants are expensive things to build on the off-chance that there is a drought. Gordon Cope explores a low, fixed-cost alternative to infrastructure investment.
Residents and businesses in several towns in northern kwaZulu-Natal have been adversely affected by water shortages following recent heavy rains.
- How to waste less wastewater February 2, 2020
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010