Stakeholders in the water sector expressed concern that South Africa could face a serious crisis if water regulation is not seriously implemented.
Tag Archives | water affairs
The Water Affairs Department says R668-billion is needed to finance water strategies countrywide over the next 10 years.
Investment in South Africa’s water resources needs to double in the next 10 years if the country is to meet the growing demand, Water and Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa said on Monday. “It’s going to require a lot of money but the demands require us to put more funding into water infrastructure but at […]
Water affairs has taken legal action against four mines that continued operating without water-use licences despite being told to comply, Deputy Water Affairs Minister Rejoice Mabudafhasi said on Wednesday.
A farmer from Delmas, Mpumalanga has lodged a complaint against mining company Exxaro with the Blue Scorpions Beeld reported that the mining giant had allegedly destroyed one wetland and commenced mining in a second.
The quality of drinking water in South Africa has improved significantly in the past year, with a “blue drop” score nationally of 87,6% – 15 percentage points higher than the national score for last year. The blue drop report, released on Monday by Water Affairs Minister Edna Molewa, measures the quality of drinking water against […]
Water affects everything we do, both positive and negative. With Human Rights Day fresh in our minds, it is appropriate to reflect on the words of the late Kader Asmal, an unrelenting defender of human rights and a former minister of water affairs.
- What size water tank do I need for my household? September 24, 2020
- How to waste less wastewater February 2, 2020
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010