Joel Glanzberg is a palaeohydrologist — he studies water use of ancient American Indians in the Southwest. He says the Zuni in New Mexico used sunken beds called “waffle gardens” for growing high-value crops like tobacco and chiles.
Tag Archives | transporter tanks
Dams, reservoirs and desalination plants are expensive things to build on the off-chance that there is a drought. Gordon Cope explores a low, fixed-cost alternative to infrastructure investment.
In its commentary on the Department of Water Affairs’ approved water tariffs for the 2012/2013 financial year, Agri SA said the newly released water tariff dispensation contained various positive aspects, amongst others the fact that it has not applied the maximum allowable increases. However, the organisation believes that the pricing strategy should be revised as […]
BEIJING – Underground water in 57 percent of monitoring sites across Chinese cities have been found polluted or extremely polluted, the Economic Information Daily reported on Monday, quoting figures from the Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP).
- How to waste less wastewater February 2, 2020
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010