Automated cleaning of water tanks, especially large water tanks, is very effective as the article below outlines. However, many water tanks such as those manufactured by JoJo Tanks, are made with a large inspection hole – big enough for an average-sized person to fit through, allowing manual cleaning too.
Cleaning your water tank at regular intervals is a very important task, one that could bring a heightened risk of diseases if it’s not done.
Since water is used for a number of purposes, such as bathing, cooking, washing and more, the cleaning of water tanks is directly connected to the health of the inhabitants of a building. A whopping 60% of diseases carried by humans are water-borne, which makes water purification an extremely important aspect of everyday life. Thankfully, you don’t have to deal with it all the time, so you can allow automated systems to take care of it for you. The following tips will give you more details:
- Automated water tank cleaning can save a good deal of money and time. If you happen to have been stuck cleaning things manually, then you will be surprised at the effectiveness and usefulness of automated systems. Automated tank cleaning works best for large water tanks and apartment buildings or companies, so you should keep that in mind when you’re considering the option. Thankfully, the companies dealing with automated cleaning can now bring their equipment to bear and help with maintenance and cleaning within hours if need be.
- The process begins with a cleaning if the surrounding mud, algae and dirt. That follows by cleaning the walls with a high-pressure jet for the interiors. The cleaning helps dislodge sludge and dirt, which is then removed with an industrial-grade vacuum pump. After that is done the tank is then cleaned with antibacterial agents or chlorine. Some companies even use UV rays to kill any remaining bacteria.
There are a few ways automated water tank cleaning works, covered by the following equipment:
- High pressure plunger pumps are one of the ways this is done, which allow water jets to remove debris, paint, grease, mud and dirt as well as anything else that is inside. The high pressure is achieved through a piston pump that goes out through a smaller diameter nozzle orifice. The flow can be extremely useful in cleaning such hard debris and build up due to its sheering force.
- Vacuum pump cleaning is another method used to remove the sludge that remains after cleaning the tank’s floor with a high-pressure water jet. An industrial-grade water pump is used to get rid of the remaining filth on the bottom.
- Reactionary force wash nozzles are perfect for low-pressure cleaning and rinsing, especially in corrosive or harsh chemical locations. The reactionary force of the fluid works on rotating the nozzles during the cleaning process.
- Fixed Spray or also fixed position nozzles work very well for complete coverage of an area, especially when combined with cone nozzles. They are simple, with no moving parts and allow a wide range.
Keyword: Balham Cleaning Services
Source: Guest post by Susan Papes (Susan is a 28 year old mother of the little John. Being a full-time mother and a housewife, she became an expert when it comes to cleaning, washing, keeping the house clean and tidy and etc. At the end of the day she feels devastated but satisfied for taking care of her beloved).
JoJo Tanks South Africa offer a wide range of products such as plastic water tanks and chemical tanks to suit every household, business or agricultural need, including silo tanks and silo tank stands as well as other high quality JoJo Tanks products. See JoJo Tanks’ VERTICAL TANKS, HORIZONTAL TANKS (transporter tanks), STEEL TANK STANDS and OTHER JOJO PRODUCTS and see JoJo Tanks’ NEW 6000 LITRE UNDERGROUND TANKS. Also see our FAQ and WATER TANK PRICES.
JoJo’s superior polyethylene plastic water tanks and steel water tank stands make JoJo Tanks the leaders in plastic water tank technology and the quality, affordability and 5-year guarantee on these water tanks make JoJo products one of the best choices in South Africa. *All JoJo Tanks polyethylene tanks and products now carry a 8 year warranty (on tanks purchased on or after 1 July 2013)* JoJo’s water tanks and chemical tanks come standard with a number of features that are often lacking on cheaper/inferior plastic tanks made by other companies in South Africa.
We are authorised JoJo Tanks dealers in South Africa and dispatch orders directly from JoJo Tank depots to save on transport costs. Full range of JoJo Tanks products and JoJo water tanks for sale. CONTACT US for a quote on the right JoJo water tank or other JoJo product for you. Special discounts are available on multiple orders of chemical tanks and water tanks and to our commercial and government customers. We can usually delivery tanks and tank stands free of charge to business/commercial addresses in South Africa.
SPECIAL ON MULTIPLE ORDERS OF 10000 litre, 15000 litre & 20000 litre JOJO WATER TANKS AND CHEMICAL TANKS…CONTACT US FOR A FREE QUOTE!
(15000 litre and 20000 litre JoJo vertical water tanks & chemical tanks are available on order directly from JoJo Tanks’ main factory)
Live in the USA and need rainwater harvesting equipment? Click HERE!