South Africa is fast running out of the fresh water needed for myriad industrial processes, from food production to mining. More than 95% of the country’s available fresh water was already allocated by 2005. In South Africa, the ability at municipal level to deal with industrial effluent was “severely compromised”, Mr Lloyd-Jones, MD of hygiene […]
Tag Archives | south africa water infrastructure
Cape Town – The revised National Development Plan (NDP) calls for the establishment of a national agency to manage the availability of enough water in South Africa. Describing water as potentially the biggest limit to growth in the economic and agricultural sectors, the document proposes to: “Establish a national water-resources infrastructure agency.” The brainchild of […]
The government, not always obviously, and concerned environmentalists – who are increasingly resorting to courts in the face of a bureaucratic laissez-faire attitude to a clean environment – are directing their energies at keeping SA’s water clean, but whether they are fighting a losing battle given poor attention to essential maintenance is the big question.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010