STOCKHOLM (IDN) – Rapidly escalating demands for limited water and land from all sectors of the economy call for urgent solutions. This is what over 2500 political and business leaders as well as representatives of 200 international organisations will strive for at the World Water Week in Stockholm, August 26-3, 2012.
Tag Archives | rain harvesting
Lack of adequate water poses a major constraint in increasing agricultural production in semi-arid areas in South Africa. However, the use of appropriate crop production techniques, especially those that conserve soil and water, could assist greatly in this regard. Like many other semi-arid areas in the world, South Africa’s food production is limited by its […]
Rain water harvesting is simply collecting, storing and purifying the naturally soft and pure rainfall that falls upon your roof. Rainwater may be utilized for both potable and non-potable requirements such as drinking, cooking, bathing (potable quality), swimming pool replenishment, toilet flushing laundry (reduces detergent & bleach), landscape irrigation and livestock & animals. Rainwater harvesting […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010