Businesses in Port Elizabeth’s biggest shopping centre, Greenacres, have had to close their doors after their taps ran dry. Water shortages have hamstrung the city after two main supply water pipes burst. Municipal officials say they are re-routing water to areas without any water.
Tag Archives | jojo tenke
South African municipalities owe the country’s 12 water boards R2.26-billion, Water and Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa said on Thursday.
Water utilities are losing billions of Rand through lost and stolen water in South Africa, while poor sanitation in Africa is leading to the deaths of millions of children through water-borne diseases. This emerged from the four-day African Water Association conference, which started in Durban yesterday.
Xeriscaping is a method of garden design that involves choosing of plants that can be maintained with little supplemental watering.
A water crisis is looming in South Africa, communities are at risk of losing access to water, and coal is right in the middle of it, according to a report released by Greenpeace. This latest briefing is a stark reminder to the SA government to start pushing Eskom to substantially invest in renewable energy.
World Environment Day is an annual event that is aimed at being the biggest and most widely celebrated global day for positive environmental action. World Environment Day activities take place all year round but climax on 5 June every year, involving everyone from everywhere.
The primary focus of water tank maintenance procedures should be to keep all components clean and to minimise the risk of contamination/rubbish either entering or remaining in rainwater tanks & water storage tanks.
An umbrella organisation for the plastics industry will be using National Water Week (18-23 March 2012) as a platform to launch one of the Sustainability Council’s Waste Management Strategies for 2012.
Water stored in water tanks was a major source of water before many of us began living in modern towns and cities. Running water and huge central water storage facilities were not available and water tanks greatly assisted people in saving time from fetching water from a canal, river or dam.
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010