Rainwater harvesting systems range for simple rain barrels to sophisticated systems that integrate with the existing water supply. Probably the main/most important piece of hardware is the water tank for storing the rainwater but there are a number of other items that must be considered too. Corrugated iron or ‘tin’ rooftops are ideal rainwater collection […]
Tag Archives | jojo tank dealer
Water tanks can be installed underground or below ground level; there are two approaches: use purpose-built underground tanks or build a chamber with retaining walls for conventional above-ground water tanks. Underground tanks, such as the JoJo 6000 litre underground water tank, are designed to withstand external pressure from the surrounding earth when completely buried. Properly […]
Rainwater harvesting is becoming an important consideration in many parts of the world, including South Africa. Whether rain is used for rain gardens or whether it is stored in rain water tanks for domestic or industrial use, rainwater harvesting has many beneficial environmental and financial aspects. There are photos of many garden design ideas, including […]
All JoJo water tank stands are designed, certified and built by an experienced, professional structural engineer. This ensures peace of mind when it comes to safety considerations. JoJo tank stands are available for vertical water tanks up 10000 litres and are available in the following heights: 1.5m, 3m, 4.5m, 6m & 9m. JoJo Tanks can […]
South Africa’s dwindling supplies of clean water are steadily going down the drain because of poor policing, theft, pollution, neglect and wasteful use.
(Reuters) – With water bills on the rise even as consumers are being urged to use less, more than 70 percent of water companies either lack the funds to maintain aging infrastructure or have just enough to meet requirements, a new industry survey reports. Much of the financial pressure on water utilities comes from the […]
Water Tank Site Preparation & Installation Instructions:
Water affairs has taken legal action against four mines that continued operating without water-use licences despite being told to comply, Deputy Water Affairs Minister Rejoice Mabudafhasi said on Wednesday.
Water conservation has become an essential practice in all regions, even in areas where water seems abundant. In addition to saving money on your utility bill, water conservation helps prevent water pollution in nearby lakes, rivers and local watersheds.
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010