Watch this great video on how to build a simple rainwater harvesting system using rain barrels or small water tanks. Ensure the rain barrels/rainwater tanks/water drums are of good quality polyethylene so that they will last for many years. In South Africa, JoJo Tanks offer an 8-year warranty on their vertical and horizontal water tanks; […]
Tag Archives | how to make a rain barrel
Every time it rains, stormwater runoff from developed areas creates problems. Our modern cities are engineered to funnel rainwater from the land as fast as possible into storm sewers were it then goes, untreated, into nearby creeks and streams.
Step by step instruction on how to make the cheapest and easiest rain barrel. You’ll be able to find a food-grade barrel in your area and make one of these for very cheaply. The parts are available at hardware and irrigation stores. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make your rain barrel:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010