It requires a great deal of energy, namely fossil fuels, to power the world’s modes of transportation. Most of us realize that the pollution created by our vehicles damage the environment and cause health problems. Promising new technologies may be the cure, but for now, the world’s population can help out by using the most […]
Tag Archives | green cars
Repairing the damage we’ve done could get pricey, especially since it’s predicted to cost us $8 trillion by 2030. Photo courtesy of OregonDOT This post was contributed by guest blogger Sebastian Blanco, editor in chief of AutoblogGreen. No one can tell you what kind of car to buy, but here’s a case for making your […]
Dale Vince OBE has spent nearly £1million building the ‘Nemesis’ – an electricity-powered supercar which can accelerate from 0-100mph in a breathtaking 8.5 seconds. The founder of Gloucestershire-based wind energy company Ecotricity wanted to build an electric car that could ‘blow the socks off Jeremy Clarkson’.
Green driving doesn’t necessarily mean replacing your old car with a ‘green car’. Hybrid cars are often expensive and come at a greater, unseen environmental cost (e.g. the mining, shipping and manufacturing of some batteries for electric cars uses up huge amounts of energy). It’s cheaper, easier and possibly more eco-friendly to simply change your […]
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE A PRICE INCREASE IN JANUARY 2019. LAST ORDERS FOR 2018 WILL NEED TO BE PLACED BY 12/12/2018.
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010