KwaZulu-Natal – Durban and Cape Town residents will have to start looking seriously at drinking recycled water from the local sewage works within the next few years as water supplies are running out and there is not enough time to build big new dams.
Tag Archives | drinking recycled waste water
Reusing waste water for drinking is “a scientific no-brainer”, MDBA chairman Craig Knowles says. An Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE)’s report on sustainable water management has found the use-once-and-dispose model for water is disappearing fast.
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Video: Budget rainwater harvesting system & water tank August 11, 2015
- JoJo Tanks installation guide (infographic) July 17, 2015
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010