Just over 70% of a group of South African JSE-listed companies surveyed had already experienced financial loss because of water issues, according to a London-based research company that, with the National Business Initiative (NBI), looks at South African companies’ water use. South Africa is predicted to run out of water as soon as 2015, and […]
Tag Archives | 10000 litre water tank
According to recent statistics there are still more than a billion people across the globe lacking access to clean drinking water. While researchers and non-government organizations are trying to come up with easy to use water filtration systems, most of them cannot be afforded by people living in such areas.
Many communities across Africa are directly dependent on wetlands for their survival, while wetlands provide indirect, but crucial services to many others. Yet despite this, these critical ecosystems are deteriorating and their capacity to provide goods and services is increasingly diminished as a result of human activities.
Water tanks or rainwater tanks add value to properties Water scarcity is a growing problem around the world. Many governments have imposed water restrictions in order to force people to practice water conservation. Extreme droughts have become common in recent times and increasing numbers of property owners have come to accept the idea of installing water […]
Developing a sense of responsibility in schoolchildren to care for our environment has an important role in securing their future.
Zanzibar — IN efforts to reduce the problem of water shortage, Zanzibar is planning to implement a rainwater harvest project, the minister responsible for water, housing and human settlement development, Mr Ramadhani Abdallaah Shaaban has said.
South Africa faces significant water challenges due to the combination of our rapidly growing population and increasingly unreliable rainfall due to climate change.
The above short video demonstrates how easy it is to set up a simple, effective rainwater harvesting system with a series of plastic water tanks. The multiple water tanks could be replaced with one or two bigger tanks, such as a 10000 litre water tank. If a more sophisticated rainwater system is desired, underground water […]
Johannesburg – With inspiration from a friend too lazy to take a shower and a few months of research on the internet, South African university student Ludwick Marishane has won global recognition for an invention that takes the water out of bathing.
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Climate Watch for South Africa March 29, 2017
- South Africa: Renewables Program Gains Momentum July 28, 2016
- Using Water Hyacinth (seaweed) to create everyday household products January 26, 2016
- Water Angels: Kindness during South Africa’s Severe Drought January 22, 2016
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010