RAIN GARDENS: They will ease strain on the municipal sewer system and keep pollutants out of lakes, streams Rain gardens can be an attractive and effective way to reduce storm-water runoff from your roof, driveway and other surfaces in your yard.
Archive | harvesting water RSS feed for this section
A four-year study by the Water Research Commission (WRC) would provide an “invaluable” contribution to the planning and roll-out of water-supply augmentation through fog harvesting, Water and Environmental Affairs Minister Edna Molewa said on Thursday. In a written reply to a Parliamentary question posed by Democratic Alliance Member of Parliament Marti Wenger, Molewa said that […]
Water content at lunar south pole could be as high as 20 percent … or as low as zero A crater on the moon that is a prime target for human exploration may be tantalizingly rich in ice, though researchers warn it could just as well hold none at all.
There are many possible configurations and degrees of complexity to a rainwater catchment system with rainwater tanks or ‘rain barrels’.
DIY Rainwater Harvesting with Plastic Water Storage Tanks Watch this DIY video showing a simple rainwater harvesting system with sand and gravel filtration system. The sizes of pipes will vary depending on the water flow rate, as will the size of water tanks. To see what plastic or poly water storage tanks are available in […]
Joel Glanzberg is a palaeohydrologist — he studies water use of ancient American Indians in the Southwest. He says the Zuni in New Mexico used sunken beds called “waffle gardens” for growing high-value crops like tobacco and chiles.
- Jojo Tanks Suppliers April 21, 2019
- Fear of a dry future for Cape Town June 27, 2018
- What is Raw Water, and is it healthy? January 7, 2018
- Rainwater Harvesting Calculator – South Africa December 29, 2017
- Lowveld Dam Levels – Watch out for the 2017/2018 dry season March 29, 2017
- Washing Machine Water Efficiency March 26, 2011
- Don’t Let your Swimming Pool Backwash Water Damage the Environment May 11, 2010
- The Use of Wind Turbines vs Solar Power in South Africa May 8, 2010
- The FIFA World Cup’s Carbon Impact June 4, 2010
- What is a Natural Swimming Pool? May 6, 2010